This protein pudding makes use of Greek yogurt as the bottom and may simply be made into three completely different flavors – chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter. It’s the proper excessive protein snack.
In the event you’re in search of new methods so as to add extra protein to your food regimen, you’re in for a deal with with this protein pudding! It’s creamy and comes collectively rapidly. Plus, I’ve three completely different taste variations for you… chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter.
Retailer-bought pudding is usually loaded with questionable substances, however these recipes are made with actual meals substances. No preservatives, synthetic sweeteners or bizarre components!
Not solely is that this pudding tasty, nevertheless it requires minimal substances and because the title suggests, it’s filled with protein. It’s good for a pre or submit exercise snack, however I’ve additionally been having fun with it for dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Pudding
- All three variations will be made in a single bowl! Yay for minimal clean-up.
- It doesn’t require any “establishing” like conventional pudding does.
- This pudding is completely customizable. Be happy to make these recipes your personal!
- The added protein helps to curb the blood sugar spike you sometimes get when consuming sweets like pudding.
Is This Pudding Wholesome?
Completely! This pudding is made with minimal, good-for-you substances and has no refined sugar or synthetic preservatives. It’s protein-packed and has much less sugar than conventional pudding as properly . The protein enhance not solely comes from the protein powder, but in addition its Greek yogurt base.
I normally purchase full fats Greek yogurt (versus low-fat or fat-free) to satisfy my want for wholesome fat. Professional tip: low-fat and fat-free merchandise sometimes swap fats for sugar to verify it nonetheless tastes good! I’ll take fats over sugar any day. It’s additionally loaded with probiotics (aka good micro organism) which is essential for a healthy gut and immune system!
With 30 grams of protein per serving this pudding may help steadiness your blood sugar whereas satisfying your candy tooth, and also you received’t be left hungry for extra …. till tomorrow, in fact!
Base Substances Wanted
The bottom of all three pudding variations is identical. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- plain Greek yogurt – for this excessive protein pudding plain, full-fat is the way in which to go. Not solely is it decrease in sugar, full fats Greek yogurt received’t have that tangy, tart style you get from low or no fats varieties. It additionally has a richer mouthfeel and a creamier physique that’s good for making pudding. Vanilla Greek yogurt would even be scrumptious, however your pudding may have extra sugar. My go-to yogurt manufacturers are Fage 5% plain Greek yogurt and Siggi’s plain whole milk yogurt.
- milk – the liquid to assist mix this creamy combination collectively. Use extra if wanted to achieve your required consistency. Any milk will work and cow’s milk will probably provide the most protein, however I normally use unsweetened almond milk simply because it’s what I’ve available and it’s decrease in energy.
- vanilla – an incredible taste enhancer that provides a delicate sweetness to the pudding.
- maple syrup – I really like utilizing maple syrup because the pure sweetener on this pudding recipe. You can additionally use Stevia, as properly for a sugar-free possibility.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- chocolate protein powder – chocolate protein powder provides this pudding a ton of chocolate taste! I personally love the chocolate Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based, has a minimal and clear ingredient record and is scrumptious. You need to use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order. In the event you don’t have chocolate protein powder available, you should use cocoa powder as a substitute.
- chocolate chips – for further chocolatey taste and a few texture. I like utilizing Lily’s dark chocolate chips as a result of they’re low in energy and sugar.
VANILLA PUDDING ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- vanilla protein powder – get your protein and taste in with this vanilla protein powder! I really like utilizing vegan protein powder and suggest Solar Warrior or Nuzest, however be happy to make use of your favourite protein powder. You need to use my code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your Nuzest order.
- contemporary berries – you possibly can definitely eat this pudding with out, however topped with contemporary berries places it “excessive” as a flavorful, but wholesome dessert. My favorites are blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries.
PEANUT BUTTER PUDDING ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- powdered peanut butter – powdered peanut butter, like PB2 powder, is an excellent versatile solution to get peanut butter taste into your recipes with approach much less fats, energy and sugar than conventional peanut butter. Plus it’s protein-packed! In the event you don’t have powdered peanut butter available you possibly can undoubtedly use common peanut butter as a substitute. You probably have a peanut allergy, be happy to make use of almond butter or any nut/seed butter as a substitute.
- peanut butter – for drizzling over the pudding, as a result of why not! Simply bear in mind to search for pure peanut butter that doesn’t have any added substances. The ingredient record ought to simply learn peanuts and salt! You can even use almond butter or any nut butter as a substitute of peanut butter.
- sliced bananas – not a lot is best than peanut butter and bananas, particularly in dessert kind!
To make any of the flavors, you merely add the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and protein powder/powdered peanut butter collectively and whisk till clean. Then high with both chocolate chips, berries or peanut butter and bananas and luxuriate in! It’s that straightforward.
When to Eat Protein Pudding
You is perhaps considering… that is pudding so ought to I’ve it as dessert? But it surely additionally has protein so ought to I be consuming it round a exercise? My reply: sure and sure!
This protein pudding is wholesome sufficient to take pleasure in after a exercise or as a day snack to curb these mid-day cravings, however scrumptious sufficient to take pleasure in as an after-dinner deal with. All that stated, you possibly can take pleasure in it everytime you like… even for breakfast.
Personally, I like consuming this pudding as is, particularly since there are three varieties to select from with flavorful toppings for further deliciousness. However if you wish to combine it up, you could possibly attempt including:
- Coconut whip – any of the flavors can be scrumptious with a dollop of coconut whip cream on high!
- Caramel sauce – I’m drooling simply occupied with how scrumptious my date caramel sauce can be drizzled over this pudding, particularly the vanilla taste.
- Granola – this pudding is so creamy and clean, however if you’re craving a bit crunch why not sprinkle a bit granola on high for added texture and taste. This hemp granola or chocolate granola would each be scrumptious on all three variations.
- Coconut flakes – add some crunch with coconut flakes. For much more taste, use toasted coconut.
You probably have any leftovers, place the pudding in an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge for 3-4 days.
With this stated, this protein pudding is nice for meal prep. Be happy to make just a few batches (leaving out the toppings) on Sunday for the week forward. I like prepping them in wide-mouth 16 oz mason jars. Once you’re able to eat, add your favourite toppings and luxuriate in!
Fashionable Protein Snacks
Extra Pudding Recipes
Be sure you take a look at the complete assortment of high protein snacks on EBF!
Protein Pudding (3 Methods)
This protein pudding makes use of Greek yogurt as the bottom and may simply be made into three completely different flavors – chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter. It’s thick, creamy, comes collectively rapidly.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, I used entire milk
- ½ scoop (12.5 grams) vanilla protein powder, I used Nuzest
- 1 Tablespoon milk, plus extra if wanted to skinny
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, or 5-6 drops of stevia, to style
- Contemporary berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries, for topping)
Serving: 1base recipe Calories: 306kcal Carbohydrates: 16g Protein: 30g Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 272mg Potassium: 26mg Sugar: 13g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment and star rating on this post and share on social media using the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I really like seeing your recipe shares!
This submit could embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks in your help.