These coconut flour muffins are made with simply 8 easy elements and are available collectively very quickly. They’re tender, completely moist and bursting with recent blueberries! Gluten-free, grain-free + dairy-free.
I spotted that the majority my wholesome baking recipes contain almond flour, oat flour, or complete wheat pastry flour, so I believed it was time to create a brand new coconut flour recipe! I have already got a cookie, pancake, mug cake and banana bread recipe made with coconut flour and now these coconut flour muffins!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These muffins are an important possibility for anybody who’s allergic to almonds or oats or for these in search of a gluten-free or grain-free flour possibility!
- They arrive collectively shortly with simply 8 easy elements!
- They’re tender, completely moist and can hit the spot for breakfast, as a snack and even dessert!
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baking with coconut flour will be difficult and it takes some experimenting to get recipes good! But it surely’s oh so price it as a result of it affords a texture that could be a bit softer and extra dense than conventional flour and the flavour is superior. Coconut flour provides a touch of pure sweetness to baked items and not using a ton of coconut taste, making it an important possibility for baking, even in the event you’re not seeking to make a coconut flavored dessert.
Coconut flour is a naturally gluten-free flour constituted of dried coconut meat that has been floor. It accommodates extra fiber than every other flour, making it particularly filling.
Substituting Coconut Flour
The excessive quantity of fiber makes coconut flour tremendous absorbent so when utilizing it for baking you sometimes can’t use it as a 1:1 sub for different flours.
That mentioned, whereas it can’t be substituted as a 1:1 ratio for all-purpose flours in recipes, it may be a substitute! It may be finicky to work with so I like to recommend following a recipe that has already examined and proved that the sub works, however if you wish to experiment, the overall rule of thumb is to substitute 1/4 cup-1/3 cup coconut flour for each 1 cup of all-purpose flour. And also you’ll possible want to extend the quantity of eggs and liquid to get the fitting consistency.
- coconut flour – can’t have coconut flour muffins with out coconut flour! I like utilizing Bob’s Red Mill organic coconut flour, which you must have the ability to discover within the baking aisle at most main grocery shops.
- baking powder – to assist the muffins rise.
- sea salt – only a pinch!
- eggs – gives further moisture whereas additionally serving to the muffins bind collectively and rise.
- vanilla extract – a taste enhancer.
- maple syrup – I like utilizing maple syrup because the natural sweetener in these muffins, however I guess honey, agave and even monk fruit maple syrup would work tremendous in its place.
- canned coconut milk – as an alternative of including oil, I used canned coconut milk. I additionally examined these muffins with unsweetened almond milk they usually turned out simply tremendous! I most well-liked the flavour of the model with coconut milk, however any kind of milk ought to work on this recipe. Simply ensure your milk is unsweetened!
- blueberries – I like to recommend utilizing recent blueberries for these muffins, however frozen may also work! There’s no have to defrost frozen blueberries earlier than baking, however only a observe that they could bleed their colour extra.
Easy methods to Make Coconut Flour Muffins
Mix dry elements: Begin by combining the dry elements. In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
Whisk collectively moist elements: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, coconut (or almond milk) and vanilla extract.
Mix dry and moist elements: Add the moist elements to the dry elements and stir till simply mixed. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
Fold in blueberries: Gently fold in blueberries and spoon the batter evenly into your lined muffin tins.
Bake: Bake at 400ºF for 18 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clear. Let the muffins cool for a couple of minutes within the pan after which let cool utterly on a wire rack.
Ideas For Success
- When measuring coconut flour, I like to recommend scooping it with a spoon into your measuring cup and leveling it off with a knife fairly than dipping it into the bag of flour and packing it down. You may as well use a meals scale to get a extra exact measurement.
- After combining your dry and moist elements collectively, let the batter sit for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour has time to take in the liquid.
- I extremely advocate utilizing silicone muffin liners or parchment baking cups for one of the best outcomes and to forestall the muffins from sticking.
- Let the muffins cool for a couple of minutes within the muffin tin after which take away to let cool utterly on a wire rack. Don’t depart the muffins within the muffin tin for too lengthy as a result of they’ll proceed to bake and will dry out!
Continuously Requested Questions
Until you’re a recipe developer and have money and time to spend on elements for testing, I don’t advocate making an attempt to make use of a special flour. It will possibly take loads of trial and error. In the event you’re in search of a blueberry muffin recipe that makes use of completely different flours I’ve these blueberry yogurt muffins made with complete wheat flour, vegan blueberry muffins made with all-purpose flour and protein blueberry muffins made with almond and oat flour.
Sure! You’ll be able to simply use frozen blueberries on this recipe. And no have to defrost the blueberries earlier than utilizing them.
Completely! Be at liberty to make this recipe your individual and customise the mix-ins. I may see raspberries or chocolate chips being scrumptious!
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
First, let your muffins cool utterly. I can’t stress this sufficient. Let your baked items cool utterly on a wire rack earlier than placing them in a storage container. In the event you skip this step, the warmth creates condensation/moisture and also you’ll find yourself with soggy muffins. Not what we wish!
After permitting the muffins to chill utterly, retailer them in an hermetic container for 3-4 days at room temperature or for as much as 1 week within the fridge. For longer storage, you possibly can freeze these muffins for as much as 3 months in a freezer-safe container or bag. I like to make use of my Stasher bags for simple storage. To defrost, place muffins within the fridge in a single day, at room temperature or defrost within the microwave.
Extra Coconut Flour Recipes to Strive
Extra Muffin Recipes to Strive
You should definitely try the entire muffin recipes right here on EBF!
Coconut Flour Muffins
These coconut flour muffins are made with simply 8 easy elements and are available collectively very quickly. They’re tender, completely moist and bursting with recent blueberries! Gluten-free + grain-free.
Serving: 1muffin Energy: 137kcal Carbohydrates: 18g Protein: 4g Fats: 6g Saturated Fats: 4g Monounsaturated Fats: 1g Ldl cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 156mg Potassium: 61mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please depart a remark and star score on this put up and share on social media utilizing the hashtag #eatingbirdfood. I like seeing your recipe shares!
This put up could embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks in your help.