What a 12 months this has been! March to October felt like a bizarre fused collectively month the place you couldn’t differentiate between days. November has arrived already and has introduced in a wave of festive feels that have been a lot wanted.
Deepavali, the competition of lights has managed to loosen up everybody’s temper, and produce a optimistic feeling within the air. Whereas we’re nonetheless confined to our properties, our minds at the very least really feel a bit free from the stress and chaos, and as a substitute for a change, focussing on decor and decking up our properties.
I got here throughout a number of decor concepts that weren’t actually sensible or home-friendly. Candles in every single place, close to curtains, on the mattress, on the bedside desk, decor items masking each inch of the ground, crops and planters at each nook and all around the balcony… whereas all this would possibly make your photographs look good, I hardly discover them sensible. Decor must brighten up your area, make it look cozy and on the identical time have an utilitarian issue. You want area to stroll round, you want issues to be out of attain of youngsters, pets and your individual toes! (you don’t wish to be banging your foot into issues each different step). It additionally must be straightforward to wash and mud day by day (we dwell in India in spite of everything), which implies it simply doesn’t make sense to cowl each out there floor in issues. If you happen to do this, consider what number of items you’ll have to transfer round each single day when the time involves mud, sweep, mop and clear!
So holding all that in thoughts, I wish to have minimal decor unfold throughout in the home, in particular corners. Much less is all the time extra with regards to decor! Hold it minimal and simple to wash.
- Altering your cushion covers into vivid festive colors, and including conventional flowers right here and there’s a straightforward means to usher in a festive look. I re-purposed a picket tray as a centre piece and the “candle stands” that you simply see are literally tiny cups that I positioned the other way up.
2. Everybody loves having a console desk/cupboard that can be utilized as an area for utility and decor. I added a number of flowers in a brass vase, electrical diyas (which is secure so as to add close to the partitions with no harm), and some tea gentle candles in vibrant holders.
3. Your eating area once more gives loads of alternative for decor. And also you don’t really want costly crockery or dinnerware units for that festive really feel. I used an previous ethnic dupatta as a festive desk runner (low cost, straightforward and re-usable possibility!), added two cork desk mats (which I normally use for putting scorching vessels on the desk), and added a few candles on high. A hand-painted tissue field that I bought in Bali turned a brief cutlery holder! The ultimate look was so put-together and nonetheless left sufficient area to truly eat on the desk!
4. I reserved this one nook for including a number of gadgets. A vibrant spherical jute rug, a planter, and a aspect desk with a reasonably brass plate. Added floating candles and flowers to the plate and my cozy nook/photo-op was prepared! When you have friends/mates coming for diwali, it is a good approach to create a nook for all the photographs you’ll find yourself clicking!
5. Re-purpose previous containers and classic wanting gadgets as decor items. I’m positive all of us obtain so many such gadgets throughout festive months like candy containers, dry fruits containers and so forth. I save something that appears fairly sufficient to make use of as decor, and add these as place-fillers wherever I really feel there’s ‘one thing lacking’.
6. You get so many various sorts of tea gentle holders. Lanterns, floral, classic, glass, ceramic and so many extra! They’re nice to make use of for decor, whether or not on a desk, outdoors your door, on steps, close to your mandir.. it goes in every single place and it’s the right means so as to add color and decor in a refined method with out going overboard!
Credit score: This put up Deepavali decor Ideas – The Girl At First Avenue | Top Indian Fashion & Lifestyle BlogThe Girl At First Avenue was printed first on 2020-11-11 14:45:10 by Chandana at www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com