This creamy mint chocolate chip smoothie is full of mint chocolate taste and further thick and creamy due to frozen cauliflower rice. It’s vegan, low in sugar and loaded with protein and wholesome fat.
Final summer time I turned hooked on low sugar smoothies made with frozen cauliflower rice like my chocolate cauliflower smoothie. One specific combo that I used to be obsessive about was chocolate and mint so I needed to share this one!
In the event you like mint chip ice cream, you’ll adore this smoothie combo. It’s wealthy and flavorful from the coconut and cacao, but in addition thick and creamy from the frozen cauliflower rice. I do know you in all probability suppose I’m loopy for saying that cauliflower rice goes to make your smoothie thick and creamy, however belief me. It’s like magic!
Frozen Cauliflower vs. Frozen Banana
I really feel like frozen cauliflower is the brand new frozen banana in relation to making smoothies tremendous thick and creamy. Actually cauliflower makes the feel so clean it’s nearly velvety. And it does this with out making your complete smoothie style like cauliflower or including a a ton of sugar. It’s fairly superior!
Simply FYI — one banana has round 15 grams of sugar the place as one cup of frozen cauliflower has about 2 grams. Clearly, in case you’re watching your sugar consumption or attempting to maintain your blood sugar balanced, cauliflower is the higher selection.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Florets?
Generally I’ve discovered that frozen riced cauliflower works higher than frozen florets for smoothies as a result of it blends up simply and shortly. Most grocery shops now carry riced cauliflower within the freezer part however you may simply make your individual cauliflower rice too. Both purchase a package deal of recent riced cauliflower and freeze it or purchase an entire head, pulse it into rice utilizing your food processor, place in freezer baggage and freeze. Be at liberty to steam or blanch the cauliflower rice earlier than cooling and freezing if you wish to be certain that the cauliflower is less complicated to digest.
- dairy-free milk – I favor unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk.
- nut butter – almond butter or coconut butter
- frozen cauliflower rice – use store-bought or make your own
- chocolate protein powder – I really like Nuzest’s chocolate protein powder (use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order). In the event you’re not utilizing sweetened chocolate protein powder, be at liberty so as to add some kind of sweetness to the smoothie in case you favor. Two medjool dates or 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey ought to do the trick.
- child spinach – this provides further diet and a pop of inexperienced colour.
- chia seeds – an effective way so as to add some fiber to your smoothie!
- medjool dates – these are elective, however this smoothie doesn’t have a ton of sweetness so I really helpful including 1-2 in in case you like your smoothies sweeter, particularly in case you use unflavored protein powder or skipping the protein powder all collectively.
- cacao or cocoa powder – cacao not solely provides a wealthy chocolate taste however can be full of highly effective vitamins; together with antioxidants, fiber, magnesium, and iron.
- recent mint leaves or peppermint extract – this key for that mint chip taste!
- cacao nibs – cacao nibs are chocolate in its uncooked kind. They provides this smoothie that crunchy texture and chocolate taste.
- granola (elective for topping) – I really like topping my smoothie with a little bit granola so I’ve a number of chewable bites that I can eat with a spoon… it makes the smoothie really feel extra like a meal. Attempt my easy granola recipe.
Extra Smoothie Recipes You Would possibly Get pleasure from:
Extra Cauliflower Rice Recipes to Attempt:
In the event you make this coconut chocolate mint chip smoothie, please make sure to depart a remark and star score beneath. Your suggestions is tremendous useful for the EBF group and different readers who’re fascinated with making the recipe.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
This creamy chocolate mint chip smoothie is full of coconut, cacao, mint and frozen riced cauliflower. It’s vegan, low in sugar and loaded with protein and wholesome fat.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond butter or coconut butter
- 1/2-1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- handful child spinach
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder
- 4-5 leaves recent mint or 1-2 drops of peppermint extract
- 1-2 medjool dates (elective)
- 1-2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- granola for topping (elective)
Mix all substances besides cacao nibs and granola in a high-powered blender and mix till clean.
Add in cacao nibs and mix a pair seconds extra.
Pour right into a glass, sprinkle with granola and cacao nibs and revel in!
- Sweetener – in case you’re not utilizing sweetened chocolate medjool dates or 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey ought to do the trick. , it’s possible you’ll wish to add some kind of sweetness to the smoothie. 2
- Smoothie improve – be at liberty so as to add your favourite superfood substances to the smoothie as nicely.
Serving: 1smoothieEnergy: 378kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 27gFats: 21gSodium: 583mgFiber: 15gSugar: 9g
This publish might embrace affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks in your assist.