This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is wealthy, creamy and tastes like a peanut butter cup, but it surely’s made with wholesome components and full of protein.
If the EBF family had a smoothie store, this smoothie recipe could be the “Smoothie of the Month” as a result of we are able to’t cease making it!
It’s mainly a peanut butter cup in liquid kind – wealthy, creamy and dessert-like, however nonetheless wholesome sufficient for breakfast… even with a peanut butter cup blended in!
Bonus factors: It’s sooo simple to make! Toss the whole lot within the blender and also you’ll have breakfast (or a snack) in beneath 5 minutes.
This smoothie would make an unimaginable post-workout snack as a result of it has an excellent quantity of carbs to replenish your power and protein (16 grams!!) to assist restore and construct muscle. The protein is all plant-based with a bit coming from the peanut butter and a giant enhance coming from the chocolate protein powder.
Right here’s the whole lot you’ll must make this smoothie!
- peanut butter – search for pure peanut butter that doesn’t have any added components. The ingredient checklist ought to simply learn peanuts and salt! Can’t do peanuts? You need to use any nut or seed butter you favor.
- banana – I like to recommend utilizing frozen banana for a touch of sweetness and creaminess! You should definitely take away the banana from it’s peel and freeze your banana in chunks for straightforward mixing.
- chocolate protein powder – chocolate protein powder offers this smoothie a ton of chocolate taste! I personally love Nuzest protein powder. It’s plant-based and scrumptious. (Use code eatingbirdfood for 15% off your order.)
- cocoa powder – I like including a bit of bit of additional chocolate taste with the cocoa powder.
- dairy-free milk – I want unsweetened almond milk or oat milk, however any dairy-free milk will work. Oat milk will make it additional creamy!
- ice – non-compulsory however you’ll be able to add to make this smoothie thicker… and colder!
- Lily’s peanut butter cup – Oh sure, we’re including a peanut butter cup to make this smoothie additional tasty! That is non-compulsory, however extremely advisable. And Lily’s peanut butter cups have >1g of sugar so that you don’t need to really feel unhealthy about including sweet to your smoothie.
tip! Unsure what sort of protein powder is greatest for you? Take a look at my guide to choosing the best protein powder together with my favorites + low cost codes.
What if I Don’t Like Banana?
I do know a few of you don’t like bananas so right here’s a tip for you! Banana provides creaminess and sweetness to the smoothie. To interchange the creaminess, you’ll be able to simply add ice, frozen cauliflower rice, avocado or frozen (beforehand cooked) zucchini! To interchange the sweetness, you’ll be able to add a bit of honey, maple syrup or stevia to style
Can I Prep This in Advance?
This smoothie is mainly the best smoothie ever so I’d simply mix it up if you’re able to get pleasure from it! I discover it tastes greatest this fashion.
That stated, if you wish to make it earlier than work or within the morning to get pleasure from as a day snack, mix as directed and retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till you’re able to get pleasure from!
Love Smoothies? Attempt These Too:
Well-liked Peanut Butter Chocolate Recipes:
Should you make this recipe:
Please depart a remark and star score beneath letting us know the way it turned out. Your suggestions is so useful for the EBF staff and our readers! We respect it a lot.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Fulfill your candy tooth with this peanut butter cup smoothie! Crammed with chocolate peanut butter taste and loaded with wholesome components.
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (50 grams) (I used Nuzest)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter, plus extra for topping
- 2 frozen bananas, in chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- handful of ice if wanted
- 1 Lily’s peanut butter cup, chopped (non-compulsory)
Mix: Add frozen banana chunks, protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder and milk right into a high-powered blender and mix till easy. You can even add 1/2 of the peanut butter cup in order for you items blended in.
Style: Style the smoothie and see in case you really feel prefer it want something… a handful of ice to make it colder/thicker or extra milk, if it is too thick. Add these items (if wanted) and mix once more.
Take pleasure in: As soon as the smoothie is ideal, pour right into a glass and revel in! High with toppings like a drizzle of peanut butter and chopped peanut butter cup items, if desired.
- Banana sub: Should you’re watching your sugar consumption you’ll be able to lower to 1 banana or omit the bananas all collectively and simply use ice for the frozen consistency. You can even use frozen zucchini, cauliflower rice or avocado. To interchange the sweetness of the banana, be happy to make use of your favourite pure sweetener. Monkfruit or stevia work nice for a low-sugar possibility.
- Peanut butter powder: You’ll be able to change the peanut butter with PB2 or peanut butter powder to scale back the energy and fats. Simply do 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter powder as an alternative of the common peanut butter!
- Cocoa powder: cocoa powder is non-compulsory, particularly in case your chocolate protein powder has loads of chocolate taste!
Serving: 1smoothieEnergy: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 14gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gSodium: 253mgPotassium: 440mgFiber: 5gSugar: 15g
This submit might embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks to your assist.