These black bean stuffed candy potatoes are filled with a wide range of flavors and loaded with protein, wholesome fats and fiber. They’re straightforward to whip up and make for a nutritious, gluten-free and vegan weeknight meal.
I’ve at all times been a potato lover. Rising up french fries and my mother’s fried potatoes had been my favourite, however I additionally beloved baked potatoes – loaded with butter, in fact.
I nonetheless love traditional baked potatoes, however as my style buds (and well being objectives!) have shifted, I’ve change into a candy potato lover. The superior factor about baked sweet potatoes is that they’re just about a clean canvas so you possibly can add absolutely anything to them.
Currently I’ve been on a stuffed candy potato kick and have been having fun with them Mexican fashion with a wide range of toppings. The model I’m sharing right this moment is the final word stuffed potato!
It’s so good and tremendous straightforward to whip up.
The one half that takes somewhat endurance is baking the candy potatoes. Fortunately you possibly can pop them within the oven and do different issues whereas they bake to perfection. As soon as they’re cooked you possibly can have dinner on the desk in a matter of minutes.
Right here’s every thing it is advisable make these stuffed candy potatoes:
- candy potatoes – the star of the present and any selection will work. I normally purchase Jewel and Garnet. When procuring, search for candy potatoes with agency, easy and even-toned pores and skin.
- black beans – I used canned black beans for ease, however be at liberty to cook dinner up a pot of dry black beans.
- onion – any coloration onion works.
- bell pepper – I like to recommend pink, orange or yellow.
- mushrooms – any kind of mushroom work, however I used button mushrooms.
- child spinach – get some further greens and diet blended in!
- cherry tomatoes – grape tomatoes additionally work… actually any small tomato!
- avocado – for wholesome fat and creaminess.
- inexperienced onions – I really like the zesty freshness that inexperienced onions convey to a dish.
- cilantro – gotta add somewhat cilantro to the combination!
- sriracha or scorching sauce – that is non-compulsory however I really like including an additional kick of spice.
- zesty tahini dressing – a scrumptious combination of tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, liquid aminos, dietary yeast and garlic. That is certainly one of my favourite homemade dressings ever and it’s so good on these candy potatoes.
Variations & Notes
In case you’re in search of a meal filled with wholesome fat and fiber, this recipe is nice as is! That mentioned, the toppings are tremendous straightforward to tweak primarily based in your wants.
- Decrease fats – be at liberty to skip the dressing or avocado for much less fats!
- Extra protein – add in a lean protein choice for further protein. I like including chopped grilled rooster or an egg on prime!
- Add cheese – this recipe is dairy-free, however can be completely scrumptious with somewhat cheese on prime. Simply decide your favourite selection and sprinkle it on.
Shopping for & Storing Candy Potatoes
When looking for candy potatoes, search for agency, unwrinkled skins. Candy potatoes are available all totally different colours – creamy white, deep orange and purple. I normally purchase Beauregard, Jewel or Garnet sweet potatoes simply because these varieties are sometimes obtainable at my native grocery shops. That mentioned, Beauregard candy potatoes are usually stringier so when given the choice I am going for Jewel or Garnet.
Retailer you candy potatoes in your pantry or on the counter prime at room temperature. They’ll final a couple of week earlier than they begin to go dangerous (which normally means getting wrinkly and tender).
Extra Candy Potato Recipes:
Extra Mexican-Impressed Recipes:
In case you make this recipe:
Please depart a remark and star score beneath letting us know the way it turned out. Your suggestions is so useful for the EBF crew and our readers! We respect it a lot.
Black Bean Stuffed Candy Potatoes
These stuffed candy potatoes are filled with a wide range of flavors and loaded with protein, wholesome fats and fiber. They’re straightforward to whip up and make for a nutritious vegetarian weeknight meal.
- 2 candy potatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow or pink bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 5 ounces child spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 spring onions inexperienced half solely, chopped
- recent cilantro to style
- sriracha or scorching sauce to style
Zesty Tahini Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos (tamari or soy sauce would work too)
- 4 Tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 clove garlic
Serving: 1potatoEnergy: 476kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 26gFats: 11gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 5gSodium: 967mgFiber: 20gSugar: 13g
This publish might embody affiliate hyperlinks. Thanks on your help.